Tabitha Farrar, International Eating Disorder Recovery Coach, Author, Podcaster, Blogger, Advocate and Mentor 5 March 2022
Presentation by Tabitha Farrar, International Eating Disorder Recovery Coach, Author, Podcaster, Blogger, Advocate and Mentor who speaks to EDFA members live from Boulder, Colorado, USA about her 12 year journey with an eating disorder. Tabitha answers questions from the audience in her authentic, wonderfully matter-of-fact and insightful way.
Tabitha is an international eating disorder recovery coach born in the UK who recovered from Anorexia Nervosa in her late twenties. Since then she has written a number of books aimed at guiding people through the recovery process to full recovery. Tabitha sees recovery as achieving both nutritional rehabilitation and neural rewiring, and knows first-hand that full and sustainable recovery is possible for anyone who is willing to do the work to get there.
Since recovering Tabitha has:
• Been a founding member of World Eating Disorders Action Day.
• Authored Love Fat, an educational memoir on eating disorder recovery and insight, Rehabilitate, Rewire, Recover! and Neural Rewiring for Eating Disorder Recovery.
• Written numerous eating disorder recovery guides for adults.
• Peer mentored adults with eating disorders and parents/partners of adults since 2009.
• Advocated for FBT for adults in eating disorder recovery.
• Set up two forums for adults with eating disorders in active recovery.
• Been selected to be a Coordinated Specialty Care Grant Advisory Board member.
• Hosted the Eating Disorder Recovery Podcast.
• Founded Active Eating Disorder Recovery for Adults (AEDRA) Meal Support Service.
A must see for all parents and caregivers.