strive Eating Disorder Support Groups
Caring for a loved one with an eating disorder can be incredibly isolating. We get it, because we have ‘lived it too’. We know how overwhelming, frustrating and frightening caring for someone with an eating disorder can be.
Our strive carer support groups for eating disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, OSFED, ARFID and more) run monthly at the below times.
Find your nearest strive carer support group
Origins of strive Australia
strive Victoria, an eating disorder support group for carers was established in late 2016. strive eating disorder carer support groups are a place for compassion, peer support and mutual learning. We created strive parent and carer support groups to connect fellow eating disorder carers, and to support, teach, reassure, inform, validate and empower them…so they are more skilled to deal with these mental illnesses.
Each state has their own strive eating disorder support group community. Our newest online community is strive Australia, a national private Facebook page to connect all our state-based members. Members can join this page here.
strive eating disorder support groups:
- Provide a safe, supportive place for carers to meet each month in a semi-structured environment which allows for both knowledge sharing and peer support
- Provide information and resources to assist parents and carers to understand eating disorders and their integral role in recovery
- Encourage empowerment of carers in their role in the recovery of the person with the eating disorder
- Are run by trained volunteer carers, for carers.
We are currently running all our strive eating disorder support groups online.
Simply click to find your nearest carer eating disorder support group above, join the private Facebook page and become an EDFA member.
Become a member of EDFA for $25 per year (Australian Carers Only)
EDFA is a proud not for profit, predominantly volunteer run organisation.
We invite you to be part of a revolutionary peer support group making positive changes in the Eating Disorder space. Strength in numbers means we are able to affect change and have the collective voice of the carers recognised.
We provide opportunities to connect with other parents and carers who share your experiences… helping you to feel less alone and isolated.
Yearly membership is just $25.
Membership gives access to:
– Access to a range of resources in our Member Only section of the website including Educational Recordings, Member Recommended Clinicians and Services, and more.
– Over 70 support groups and education sessions per year. including;
– monthly state-based strive carer support groups
– twice monthly education sessions
– monthly sibling support group
– monthly national strive ARFID carer support group
– discounts to eating disorder events and conferences.
– daily online support through our strive Australia Facebook page and the opportunity to connect, share, learn and ask questions is another benefit of being part of our EDFA community.
Your membership helps EDFA with ongoing costs of running a not-for-profit organisation, and importantly, shows Government that families value, need and believe in this type of lived-experience support. Strength in numbers helps EDFA lobby as the collective voice of carers for better services, treatments, access to expert clinicians and specialised ED units, to help our loved ones in their recovery journey and to acknowledge the impact of an eating disorder diagnosis on the entire family unit