Pass the Baton Ball 2021
What's On - Event Calendar
EDFA runs national education and information seminars online monthly, with each seminar hosted by a different expert in the Eating Disorder field.
June 5, 2021 will be our annual ‘Pass the Baton Ball’ for Eating Disorders. Join us as we pass the baton with parents, carers and clinicians from around Australia.
Become a member of EDFA for $25 per year (Australian Carers Only)
EDFA is a proud not for profit, predominantly volunteer-run organisation.
We invite you to be part of a revolutionary peer support group making positive changes in the Eating Disorder space. Strength in numbers means we are able to affect change and have the collective voice of the carers recognised.
We provide opportunities to connect with other parents and carers who share your experiences…helping you to feel less alone and isolated.
Yearly membership is just $25.
Membership gives access to:
– Access to a range of resources in our Member Only section of the website including Educational Recordings, Member Recommended Clinicians and Services, and more.
– Over 70 support groups and education sessions per year. including;
– monthly state-based strive Carer Support Groups
– twice monthly education sessions
– monthly sibling support group
– monthly national strive ARFID Carer Support Group
– discounts to eating disorder events and conferences.
– daily online support through our private strive Australia Facebook Group and the opportunity to connect, share, learn and ask questions is another benefit of being part of our EDFA community.
Your membership helps EDFA with ongoing costs of running a not-for-profit organisation, and importantly, shows Government that families value, need and believe in this type of lived-experience support. Strength in numbers helps EDFA lobby as the collective voice of carers for better services, treatments, access to expert clinicians and specialised ED units, to help our loved ones in their recovery journey and to acknowledge the impact of an eating disorder diagnosis on the entire family unit.