EDFA is the only national not-for-profit organisation run by carers, for carers of those with an eating disorder. We provide parent, carer and family support groups nation wide, and our strive Carer Support Groups provide opportunities to connect with other parents and carers who share your experiences…helping you to feel less alone and isolated.
statewide strive Carer Support Groups are run monthly.
strive Bulimia Carer Support Groups are run quarterly on the fourth Thursday of the month.
strive ARFID Carer Support Groups are run on the fourth Thursday of each month.
strive Binge Eating Carer Support Group will be run quarterly on the fourth Thursday of the month.
EDFA’s Siblings Support Group is run on the second Thursday the month.
strive4Men Carer Support Group runs quarterly on the fourth Thursday of the month.
- Provide a safe, supportive place for carers to meet each month in a semi-structured environment which allows for both knowledge sharing and peer support
- Provide information and resources to assist parents and carers to understand eating disorders and their integrate role in recovery
- Encourage empowerment of carers in their role in the recovery of the person with the eating disorder
- Are run by trained volunteer carers, for carers
Become a member of EDFA for $25 per year (Australian Carers Only)
EDFA is a proud not for profit, volunteer run organisation.
We invite you to be part of a revolutionary peer support group making positive changes in the Eating Disorder space. Strength in numbers means we are able to affect change and have the collective voice of the carers recognised.
We provide opportunities to connect with other parents and carers who share your experiences… helping you to feel less alone and isolated.
Yearly membership is just $25.
Membership gives access to:
– Access to a range of resources in our Member Only section of the website including Educational Recordings, Member Recommended Clinicians and Services, and more.
– twice monthly education sessions
– monthly Sibling Support Group
– discounts to eating disorder events and conferences.
– daily online support through our private strive Australia Facebook Page and the opportunity to connect, share, learn and ask questions is another benefit of being part of our EDFA community.
Your membership helps EDFA with ongoing costs of running a not-for-profit organisation, and importantly, shows Government that families value, need and believe in this type of lived-experience support. Strength in numbers helps EDFA lobby as the collective voice of carers for better services, treatments, access to expert clinicians and specialised ED units, to help our loved ones in their recovery journey and to acknowledge the impact of an eating disorder diagnosis on the entire family unit.