As a national organisation, we provide empathetic and helpful support to families and carers across the country and beyond. Our services cover the breadth of the eating disorder journey, from first diagnosis to recovery, relapse and maintenance. Our services include strive carer support groups, education seminars, resources, mentoring, treatment and clinician advice.
There are many ways you can get involved with Eating Disorders Families Australia. Here are just a few.
Become a Member
We are a volunteer run, not for profit organisation. We recognise that through peer support, mentoring and education, your journey with your loved one will be a supported one. Membership is just $25 a year.
EDFA would not exist without the generous support of our corporate sponsors and our members. Get in touch to see how your sponsorship can help us support parents, carers and families affected by an eating disorder.
Volunteer with EDFA
We welcome volunteers to work across our volunteer run not for profit organisation. If you have time and skills, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently looking for volunteers in fundraising, sponsorship and new business development.
Become a member of EDFA for $25 per year (Australian Carers Only)
EDFA is a proud not for profit, predominantly volunteer run organisation.
We invite you to be part of a revolutionary peer support group making positive changes in the Eating Disorder space. Strength in numbers means we are able to affect change and have the collective voice of the carers recognised.
We provide opportunities to connect with other parents and carers who share your experiences… helping you to feel less alone and isolated.
Yearly membership is just $25.
Membership gives access to:
– Access to a range of resources in our Member Only section of the website including Educational Recordings, Member Recommended Clinicians and Services, and more.
– Over 70 support groups and education sessions per year. including;
– monthly state-based strive carer support groups
– twice monthly education sessions
– monthly sibling support group
– monthly national strive ARFID carer support group
– discounts to eating disorder events and conferences.
– daily online support through our strive Australia Facebook page and the opportunity to connect, share, learn and ask questions is another benefit of being part of our EDFA community.
Your membership helps EDFA with ongoing costs of running a not-for-profit organisation, and importantly, shows Government that families value, need and believe in this type of lived-experience support. Strength in numbers helps EDFA lobby as the collective voice of carers for better services, treatments, access to expert clinicians and specialised ED units, to help our loved ones in their recovery journey and to acknowledge the impact of an eating disorder diagnosis on the entire family unit