Unique, personal, small group online course with Jan Clarke
We are proud to be offering our second Parent/Carer online education series “Learning to Live With, Through and Beyond an Eating Disorder”.
You are invited to join us for a deeper, richer journey of learning.
- Are you starting out as a carer of a loved one with an eating disorder and want to explore and have a deeper understanding of the eating disorder mindset and how to be the most effective support for your loved one and the whole family?
- Have you been on the treadmill for a while and want to upskill yourself as a carer?
- Are you feeling that things are only just holding together by a thread in your family?
- Are you feeling that you and/or your loved one are “stuck” and want to learn and brainstorm ways to change things up for the better?
- Are you feeling that your family is in chaos and that you need guidance to help move forward together in a positive direction
Our ‘Learning to live with, through and beyond an Eating Disorder‘ online course / workshop is an in-depth, unique, personal, small group education series run by our highly skilled facilitator, Jan Clarke, ED Consultant & Educator of The Bronte Centre.
‘Learning to live’ will be will be tailored to accommodate and work with each family and their own unique situation.
Six week intensive online course
The series runs over 6 weeks for a total of 9 hours. Each session is 90 mins.
Cost: $400 for carer’s without NDIS funding.
$650 for carer’s with NDIS funding
Each “family” could consist of parents or other carers involved.
We are so excited and grateful to be able to offer you this unique education series!
Please contact us at: email@example.com if you have any further queries.
Become a member of EDFA for $25 per year (Australian Carers Only)
EDFA is a proud not for profit, volunteer run organisation.
We invite you to be part of a revolutionary peer support group making positive changes in the Eating Disorder space. Strength in numbers means we are able to affect change and have the collective voice of the carers recognised.
We provide opportunities to connect with other parents and carers who share your experiences… helping you to feel less alone and isolated.
Yearly membership is just $25.
Membership gives access to:
– Access to a range of resources in our Member Only section of the website including Educational Recordings, Member Recommended Clinicians and Services, and more.
– monthly state-based strive carer support groups
– twice monthly education sessions
– monthly sibling support group
– discounts to eating disorder events and conferences.
– daily online support through our strive Facebook page and the opportunity to connect, share, learn and ask questions is another benefit of being part of our EDFA community.
Your membership helps EDFA with ongoing costs of running a not-for-profit organisation, and importantly, shows Government that families value, need and believe in this type of lived-experience support. Strength in numbers helps EDFA lobby as the collective voice of carers for better services, treatments, access to expert clinicians and specialised ED units, to help our loved ones in their recovery journey and to acknowledge the impact of an eating disorder diagnosis on the entire family unit